Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

25 Things About Me

I really enjoyed reading everyone's blog when they did this so I will be brave.. Here is my 25 things. I can't believe I am doing this..

1. My middle name is Joyce.. Thanks mom I was always embarrassed to tell people that. (sorry to everyone named Joyce.
2. The other night I watched the spin off of 90210 from the 90's. That is also embarrassing considering I watched that when I was in high school.
3. I am a reality show junkie. I have seen every American Idol season and episode.
4. I am a coffee junkie and I have to have french vanilla cream with it or I will freak out. Well not really.
5. I go to Starbucks at least once a week and have a mocha with something sweet and fattening.
6. I love to sing to Noah even though my voice sounds like a dying cat.
7. I used to have my belly button pierced and my tongue.. Yes I know I can't believe I did that.
8. I secretly love David Cook from the last American Idol.
9. When I was in high School I was a cheerleader.
10. My hair has been every color of the rainbow.
11. I love to watch soap operas when Noah is napping.. Especially As the World Turns..
12. I go on you tube and play old songs from the 80's (from guns n roses , skid row etc.) I know that's really pathetic.
13. I love red wine
14. I secretly can't wait to have another baby and I hope its a girl.. (not pregnant yet)
15. I had the worst beehive bangs when I was in high school.
16. I love the Ocean and the sounds of the seagulls.
17. I threw eggs at peoples houses when I was in high school.. 9th grade to be exact.
18. I used to take my sisters ID to go out when I was only 17.. Thanks Angie for being just the right age. She was mad at me back then.. ha ha.
19. I pray for at least a half hour before I fall asleep.
20. My favorite movie is "Terms of Endearment". I have watched it a billion times.
21. I really can't stand. John McCain. sorry everyone.
23. I love to sleep and I hate getting up in the morning..
24. Oh I have 3 tattoes. I know.... Don't judge me.. ha ha..
25. Last but not least I would also love to adopt a child..

6 comments:

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

So good to know you better. I want to have another baby too! SSSHHHH.

Myssie said...

Some pretty interesting stuff!

I too was a cheerleader in HS and I too am addicted to As the World Turns!! LOL!

Come on, show a little love to McCain!! :-)

Kelly said...

Did you see who is going to be the next bachelor??

Kelly said...

So we are a lot alike...

*David Cook...love him.
*Have you tried Splenda Flavors...French Vanilla..OMG.
*Love my red wine
*We adopted AnnaKate
*I also do not like McCain...I am an Obmam girl!

Thanks for playing the 25 game!!
Kelly

Toots said...

If this was entitled "26 Things About Me"...Kristi might include that when she was 7 she used to run home from church, huff and puff at the uncleanliness of the house (which was really clean), put on an apron, get out the vaccuum and clean the house obsessively. She was a little neat freak.

Toots said...

"27 Things About Me..." Kristi's first love was a French boy named Etienne when she was seven years old. She used to sleep with his photo under her pillow. Well, really it was a slide, not a photo exactly. But then she moved on to Anton, a boy whom she was supposed to go to an English town with called Sleaford on their first date. But, alas, she dashed his hopes, and stood him up...right on the front doorstep of her home. Kristi was a dreamy, romantic in her younger years; but obviously a heartbreaker as well.