Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'll Stand By You.


Since Noah was a very small infant I have been singing two special songs to him. I sing these songs to him all through out the day. At least once a day I ask Noah "do you want to dance?" and right away he crawls into our computer room. He knows that I am going to play our favorite song and dance with him. This time is so special to me because Noah cuddles into my neck and everything is beautiful in that moment. His whole face and eyes light up when we dance. I sing the same song to him before he takes a nap and before he goes to bed at night. I will never stop singing this to you baby. Here are the words to our song..

OH, WHY YOU LOOK SO SAD?
TEARS ARE IN YOUR EYES
COME ON AND COME TO ME NOW
DON'T BE ASHAMED TO CRY
LET ME SEE YOU THROUGH
'CAUSE I'VE SEEN THE DARK SIDE TOO
WHEN THE NIGHT FALLS ON YOU
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
NOTHING YOU CONFESS
COULD MAKE ME LOVE YOU LESS

I'LL STAND BY YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
WON'T LET NOBODY HURT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU

SO IF YOU'RE MAD, GET MAD
DON'T HOLD IT ALL INSIDE
COME ON AND TALK TO ME NOW
HEY, WHAT YOU GOT TO HIDE?
I GET ANGRY TOO
WELL I'M A LOT LIKE YOU
WHEN YOU'RE STANDING AT THE CROSSROADS
AND DON'T KNOW WHICH PATH TO CHOOSE
LET ME COME ALONG
'CAUSE EVEN IF YOU'RE WRONG

I'LL STAND BY YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
WON'T LET NOBODY HURT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
TAKE ME IN, INTO YOUR DARKEST HOUR
AND I'LL NEVER DESERT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU

AND WHEN...
WHEN THE NIGHT FALLS ON YOU, BABY
YOU'RE FEELING ALL ALONE
YOU WON'T BE ON YOUR OWN

I'LL STAND BY YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
WON'T LET NOBODY HURT YOU

I'LL STAND BY YOU
TAKE ME IN, INTO YOUR DARKEST HOUR
AND I'LL NEVER DESERT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
WON'T LET NOBODY HURT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
WON'T LET NOBODY HURT YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU


3 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is so precious. I am often amazed at how similar our boys are. Our Matt has a favourite Tigger song, when ever it is played he will crawl to me and do this little thing he does when he wants to dance. He too will bury his face in my neck, hugging me tight as we dance around the room. What affectionate little cuties we have.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Alex does the same bury into my neck, we dance to you are my sunshine though, when I catch a glimpse of his face in his mirror, it is lit up! I love it

Nana said...

It so awesome and beautiful to watch Mr. Noah's reaction when Kristi sings this song to him!