We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Things You Have Learned
Since Noah will be 2 soon, I decided to blog about what he has learned in our 2 short years together.
We are so proud of you. These are some things you have learned. I'm sure I might miss something because you have accomplished so much. This is starting from the beginning of your beautiful life.
1.You learned to drink from a bottle. (even when the specialists said you probably wouldn't.) You proved them all wrong and stopped using your g tube at 2 1/2 months.
2. You learned to sit up all by yourself.
3. You learned to roll over.
4. You learned to eat solid foods and became a little piggie.
5. You learned to take things in and out of jars and containers.
6. You learned to beat on your drum and pots and pans.
7. You learned how to roll and throw a ball.
8. You learned how to drink from a sippy cup.
9. You learned how to turn pages in a book.
10. You learned to sign "more" and "all done" sometimes.
11. You can say "ma ma" "ha ha" "wa wa" and "ba ba". You love to babble.
12. A couple of times you have tried to tried to say "moo moo." You love cows.
13. You learned to stack big blocks.
14. You understand most of what I say.
15. You can tell me which shape is which when I ask you. You grab the right one.
16. You are beginning to put together wooden puzzle pieces.
17. You can wave "bye bye" although I have to really coax you.
18. You learned to open and close doors and cabinets.
19. You have learned how to scribble on your magic drawing board.
20. You learned how to crawl, pull to stand and cruise.
21. You learned to walk your push toy. And to walk in front of me holding only one hand.
22. You have learned some farm animals.
23. You learned to open and close your pop up toys.
You have learned so much in the last two years Noah. We will always believe in you and know that you can do anything you want to do. Never give up.. We love you.