Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What I Have Learned The Past 2 Years.

A few weeks ago I wrote about what Noah has learned these past 2 years, so I have decided to write about what I have learned.

Sometimes what you fear becomes what you treasure the most.
Hope is so important to have in your heart.
Prayer is my biggest comfort.
Sometimes "slow" is fast enough.
Never ever ever give up.
A mother's love is the most powerful of all.
"True" beauty is not seen through the eyes but felt within the heart.
At times people can be ignorant when they don't know what to say.
Sometimes we have to just let go of a dream and create a better one.
Friends leave footprints on our heart and sometimes walk away.
Laughter is essential every day.
Sadness does go away even when it seems impossible to think so.
Not to look away when I see a child with special needs. Please don't it hurts.
Different is more interesting . What does normal mean anyway?
Not to ever ask why? Just accept Gods plan for my life.
Enjoy every second with my beautiful family. Life can go by way too fast.

4 comments:

Myssie said...

Kristi- I am so proud of you. I remember your first few posts to the listserv, you have come a long way girl! All of what you have learned is so beautiful. We are all better people because of our children. ((Hugs))

Kerri H said...

Very well said my friend! So very wise!!!! I'll drink to that!!!! Time is so precious so lets make the most of it! Hugs to you and Noah!!

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Great post! I love being Alex's momma:)

Nana said...

Kristi, Beautiful as always. These are things all of us should learn. I am so proud of the beauty within you!! Your words and thoughts inspires me everyday!!!

Love you and Mr. Noah