Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Be Not Afraid

The past few days have been a little rough for me. I try to be strong for everyone around me so sometimes my fears get "tucked away". The past few days my feelings have been raw and overwhelming. I go through these periods from time to time. But what gets me through is knowing that I am never alone. Knowing that God is in control of my life. What a relief it is to know that my life is already planned by God and not me. I don't know how I would've made it through these past few years without him. I will never walk alone even through the darkest times. How comforting this thought is to me. Below is the song I listen to when I'm feeling fearful and anxious. It reminds me I don't need to be afraid. God's arms are always wrapped around me. For that I am so grateful.

You shall cross the barren desert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety,
though you do not know the way.

You shall speak your words in foreign lands,
and all will understand,
You shall see the face of God and live.

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

If you pass through raging waters
in the sea, you shall not drown.
If you walk amidst the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.

If you stand before the pow’r of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you, through it all

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

Blessed are your poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs.
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.

And if wicked men insult and hate you, all because of Me,
blessed, blessed are you!

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

5 comments:

Kerri H said...

Thanks for the great reminder Kristi..I get those fear moments every once in a while still...but I always take them to Him!! Hugs and Prayers to you!

Kristi said...

Thanks Kerri. I need some hugs right now.. Hugs to you and Logan too.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Thinking of you today.
Hugs from Alex to Noah!

Nana said...

Cricket, God is there for you and also your family. We want to hear about what you are really feeling. No need to be up all the time for any of us. We are here for you always.

Love you, Mom

Jacqui said...

The words of those song give me goosebumps. God is real and He is does go before us ALWAYS. And he really wants us to live free from fear. Thanks for sharing your vulnerability and your great strength - it is an encouragement to me. May His presence always be real to you.