Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Noah and Ma Ma




OK these pictures were taken without me knowing it but I thought they were funny. I have been posting about my morning sickness (well all day sickness) so I thought I would share just how bad it is. I feel so guilty because I have been laying around a lot and too tired to do just about anything. I am still taking Noah to therapy 5 times a week and working on walking with him but that's all I can get done in a day. I wish I would stop feeling so guilty and just accept that I am sick. It is so hard to take care of a toddler and go through this at the same time. For all the moms that did how the heck did you manage??

8 comments:

Myssie said...

You poor thing! Don't feel guilty, you are pregnant, you are working on growing a beautiful baby. Noah doesn't look like he minds at all, he is just enjoying being with you, his MaMa. I hope that you feel better soon, peppermints always worked well for me! Take care.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

I was the sickest with Alex, and I felt guilty too, but you know you shouldnt. You will feel better in a few weeks. Until then sleep when you need to.

Michelle said...

Those pictures are so cute! It looks as though Noah is copying you. =) It's perfectly fine for you to take extra rest. If you don't you won't be energized enough to focus on Noah! My sis just went through this. She's 16 weeks along and has a REALLY energetic almost 3 year old. Take help from family when they offer it. Let them bless you with the much needed help. Chewing gum helped me! (Not that you need anymore advice than what any pregnant woman gets! LOL)

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

(oops somehow deleted my previous comment so here goes again)

What a challenge for you!!! The one blessing is that it won't last foreva so just focus on getting through one day at a time.

I remember reading an interesting fact about the first trimester: a pregnant woman's body - when sitting restfully uses as much energy as someone climbing a mountain. It is hard work growing a littel foetus. So when you think those guilt thoughts - just remind yourself that you are climbing a mountain as it is!!!!

Nana said...

Cricket, Mom to the rescue!!! I hope you do feel better when I arrive in Nov. Don't feel quilty and take good care of yourself! Love to you and Mr. Noah

Cindy said...

It is VERY hard...but remembering it doesn't last forever, and the reward at the end, helped me get through it. You can do it, Kristi! And accept ALL offers of help. If someone says, "let me know how I can help," say "Please make me dinner tonight" or "please do our laundry today" or something that would really help you that day.

AuntHeather said...

Don't feel guilty Cricky J Squirel. Yes that is her nickname, sorry kristi. You will feel better soon. We will help you in anyway we possibly can. Stock up on that chicken noodle soup.