Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Noah's 2nd Birthday Party.






Today we had Noah's 2nd birthday party. His official birthday isn't until Wednesday but we wanted to have it on a weekend. I honestly can't believe my baby is almost 2. Where has the time gone? We are so proud of Noah and everything he has learned in these past two years. Noah really showed off his "walking" skills to everyone today. Whenever he decided to walk around with his push toy, he made sure everyone was looking at him. Then of course we all clapped for him because 'the king" must be clapped for. We had family and friends over today to help us celebrate the big day. I made a homemade oreo cake that turned out to be a hit. This morning I cried because the cake looked like it was going to collapse. I was so scared for everyone to try it. I even pretended like Tommy made it, until I heard that it was good. Noah was more interested in the wrapping paper and boxes than his toys. Oh well Mommy helped him open them anyway. Below are some pictures of Noah on his big day. The theme for the day was dinosaur's. Every night before I put Noah to bed I tell him "The Dinosaur Story". It was the perfect theme for my little guy.. Happy Almost Birthday My Sweet Noah. We love you so much.

7 comments:

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

I wish we could have been there.
happy birthday little man!!!!

Our Journey said...

happy birthday big boy!! I can't believe hes almost 2!!!!!!!!

Kerri H said...

Happy B-Day to Noah!!! I can't believe it either..My favorite picture is the one with the table because yes..you guessed it..that's what Logie does!!! I wish Logie and I were there..we would have had a blast!!!! We have the perfect dinosaur toy too that he could borrow!!!
Hugs to the 2's!!!

Kyle & Tarah Peacock said...

That's cute that he loved to show off his walking skills, big applause over her for the little man!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! :) He looks like such a big boy in the pictures!!

Toots said...

Happy Birthday Noodes! Uncle Tommy and Aunt Angie are proud of you and all of your accomplishments. You are our bright spot...always! Love you!

Nana said...

Kristi, You made me laugh about pretending that Tommy made the cake!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. NOAH, my precious boy! Looks like he made out like a bandit with all the new toys. Love to you, Tommy, and Mr. Noah.