Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update on my little man.

I have been reminded by my loving sister that I have not posted on this blog in quite some time. It has been difficult to get my mind focused to do much of anything lately but I will try to continue keeping up with it. I wanted to post a update on Noah and how he is doing with everything. We are working so hard with Noah on his balance and confidence. He is constantly pushing anything he can find in the house and walking with it. His favorite thing to push is his highchair. He started to walk all along the walls now while holding on somewhat. I am seeing a lot of improvement in his balance when he is standing. If he doesn't realize he is standing alone he is fine. But the minute he realizes he is not holding onto anything he loses his balance. I am sure the aqua therapy is helping him a great deal. We have also been working with using a lot more signing. He understands what I am signing but he has yet to master most signs. He does use "more" consistently and "all done". I think one day a light bulb will go off and he will understand if he uses these signs he will get what he wants faster. All of his two year appts went well. Tomorrow he will see the eye DR to get his dilated exam. I am hoping all will go well with that. Noah is still babbling a lot. He says "ma ma" a lot and a few times we heard him say "da da". He uses a few different constanants such as ha ha, ba ba, ra ra, wa wa and some others I can't think of right now. Oh and he will say "up" for his Uncle Micheal. So all in all Noah is doing great. I am starting to feel a little better although I am seriously tired all the time. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

5 comments:

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

good to read an update. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Kelly said...

Glad to get an update! I hope Noah's eye dr appt goes (went) well. Max has his in a couple weeks! Hope you are feeling well!
Kelly F

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toots said...

I miss you Noah and Kristi. Love, the loving sister. :-)

The Peacock's said...

Glad to know you are starting to feel better, I know how you feel and yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope the eye doctor goes well! Sending happy thoughts your way :).