Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, December 5, 2008

I am so Proud ...

I just had to post an update on my angel. This weekend we are going to start the PECS system with Noah to help him communicate. (Thanks for all the information Jacqui.) I am really excited about this because Noah and I are very frustrated trying to figure out his needs. I feel so bad when he is trying to tell me something and I have no clue what it is. With the new baby coming, Noah really needs to be able to communicate. Wednesday during speech therapy Noah did great with all the picture cards. I was soooo proud of him. His ST would hold up two or three cards and ask Noah for a specific one, low and behold he got every single one right. He was so polite that day too. Everything she asked him for he would hand over. Then his ST mentioned that cognitively Noah is really maturing. It was kind of funny to think of Noah and the word "mature" in the same sentence. He is still my little baby.. Anyway, I was just so proud of him that day. I am also proud to announce that Noah took two steps without holding onto anything that same day. He is really coming along. We are working extremely hard on his balance lately. Just a little more Noah and you will be walking. I am so proud once again of my little man.. I am proud of all your little angels too.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting. I love it when progress is made!!
Kelly W.

Jacqui said...

So thrilled to hear about Noah doing so well with the pictures - it is an exciting world of communication!!! And great news about the steps. HUGS

Cindy said...

Natalie always surprises us with her cognitive ability...she's smarter than we give her credit. So happy to hear Noah is smart too!

Terri H-E said...

Wow! Huge week. That happens with Addie, too. She suddenly throws a few things up at us at once that has silently been working on. It's amazing when it happens. Cheers to Noah.

Kelly said...

How cool is that! Way to go Noah!