Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Thoughts..

I have been horrible about keeping up with this blog. Our digital camera actually broke so I am unable to take pictures and that keeps me from blogging. I like to post pictures of how cute my little man is becoming. Tom and I are getting a camera this weekend so I will be able to post more often. I am beginning to feel better as far as the morning sickness goes. Now I am just extremely fatigue all the time. I am so tempted to drink a gallon of Starbucks coffee but instead I get boring smoothee's (thanks to my mom). Yes my mom has been visiting for the past couple of weeks and keeping me on track. Thanks mom... But I am still tempted for that Starbucks. I had some testing done last Wednesday (nuchal transluncey) SP?? It is a blood test and sonogram that tests for a increased risk of Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. I have to admit it was a hard decision whether or not to have the test done. Since I turned 35 in November, there is all kinds of extra testing they want to do. I explained to the DR that it wouldn't change anything for me with this pregnancy. I thought of Noah the whole time, to help ease my anxiety. Noah is such a blessing and I know this child will be too. I have decided that faith is the only thing that will get me through this pregnancy. Faith will also be the babies name if it is a girl.. It just seems like the perfect name for this baby. It is very hard to have a child with special needs as your first born because now I can't imagine having a "typical" child. Kind of like when I was pregnant with Noah, I couldn't imagine having a child with special needs. I just know that God is in control and he knows what I need. Well these are my random thoughts for the day. Thanks for reading them.

9 comments:

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

I have missed you.

Kelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was great!

Myssie said...

I am glad that you blogged! I have missed you! I think that Faith is a beautiful name. I am thinking about you...

ps. Happy Birthday!!!!

angie said...

Faith is the perfect name:). You will be amazed at how easy having a "typical" child is after having a child with special needs. My little guy is 7 months old, and I am just amazed.

Jacqui said...

Hi there. Nice to hear from you again. Brave woman, taking steps of faith with this whole testing thing. I love the name FAITH. You are a woman of FAITH. And should you have a daughter too it will be a beautiful name to give her. Praying for more energy and strength to you.

Michelle said...

Ok when you stated you age you really surprised me. I've picked my jaw up off the floor now...I thought you were in your late 20's! You have some good genes! Happy Belated birthday!

Cindy said...

Hey, Kristi, we can be the "older" moms together! :) I'm praying for you, both for your strength during the pregnancy and for peace for what God gives you. God is good and so are all his gifts.

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting such personal thoughts. We are here to help you get through this!!
Kelly

Sawyer said...

Good to hear from you and know things are going so well. I am so happy your morning sickness is getting better. I love the name Faith, I think that would be beautiful. I know Sawyer is so young and another child wont be for awhile. But I have already had nervous thoughts about having more. But you have restored my faith that I can do it when it comes. Thank you! I hope your energy will pick up soon! Sending some energy your way :)