Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, December 26, 2008

We Are In New York

Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy New Year.I have come to the conclusion that I am no good at this blogging stuff .. Ha ha... I find it so hard to keep up with it. I will keep trying to get better though.. Noah, Tom and I are in New York for the holidays visiting my parents. We flew in on Christmas Eve after some delays and yucky traffic. It is freezing here to us Florida people. There is actually some snow on the ground so Tom and I were excited to expose Noah to it. Well, the excitement was all ours because Noah wanted nothing to do with the snow or the cold. We bundled him up and took him out sledding on Christmas Day. He didn't even crack a smile the whole time. When I get some pictures ready I will post them so everyone can see how much Noah hates to be cold. He is a Florida boy who enjoys the warm weather and swimming for sure. Today we took him to a place called Bear Mountain to ride a carousel and go on a walk. Of course he enjoyed the carousel because he was spinning. Anything that spins amuses Noah a lot. Tom will go skiing tomorrow with my Dad. Unfortunately I will have to sit this one out being pregnant and all. I absolutely love to ski so I'm a little jealous. Sunday Tom and I may go into New York City if is warm enough. I can't deal with the city in the freezing cold. That is about all that is happening here. Best wishes to everyone during this holiday season..

5 comments:

Cindy said...

You ARE good at this "blogging stuff!" And just think how much more fun it will be when you have two kids! :) I love to hear about Noah and hope you will continue.

Christine said...

Oh please don't stop Blogging. You are good at it and I enjoy reading whenever you post. We have so much snow here this year and Nathan is right with Noah on the snow part. He'd much rather be inside looking out at the kids playing. Enjoy the rest of your holidays and update us whenever you can.

Michelle said...

Where in NY? Just curious, cause I'm one hour north of Syracuse

Toots said...

Noodes, You are a Florida boy...homegrown. Sorry, you didn't like the snow. I bet you looked really cute all bundled up and on a sled though. Love you so much.

Kelly said...

I feel like I am not good at blogging either. But if it makes you feel any better, I think you do a great job! Noah isn't a fan of the snow. . . you will just have to keep your WI visits to summer time. I am not sure what Max thinks of it. We had him in the snow twice for a very short time each time. I know I am not a big fan of it! Kelly F