Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Monday, February 16, 2009

24 Week Sonogram

Well its week 24 in my pregnancy and tomorrow I go for a recheck sonogram and echo of the babies heart. This is all standard procedure due to me being 35 and all (little jab at myself. ha ha) I am asking for some prayer and positive thoughts at 11 am tomorrow. I am really nervous because week 24 is when all the problems starting rising during my pregnancy with Noah. Week 24 is when they told me Noah's femur and humorous were measuring short. Week 24 is when they told me they thought they saw a hole in Noah's heart . Week 24 is when they told me my son may have down syndrome. Soon after they told me my son may have spina bifida.. (He didn't thank God.) So I guess it is pretty obvious why week 24 is so significant to me. My insides are shaking as I imagine laying on the sonogram table once again. But at the same time I know God is in control and that is where faith becomes so important. Thanks for thinking of me and the baby tomorrow. I will post and let everyone know what happens.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I will definitely pray for you tomorrow. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I look forward to hearing about how beautiful your baby is when you see him/her (?) tomorrow.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Im with you girl......

Cindy said...

Hugs, Kristi! I'm praying for your peace tomorrow.

BTW, I like the frogs on your blog!

Jacqui said...

May your heart be wrapped in His warm love and peace - so tomorrow is a special encounter with your little baby, rather than a reminder of the fears from the past.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

I can hardly stand it, are you back yet, how was it, how are you????