Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What has Noah been up to ??

I haven't updated on my little man lately so I thought I would share some things.. Noah is now 28 months old. I can't believe how grown up he is becoming. (kind of bittersweet for me). I don't want to even imagine him turning 3 and having to decide on preschool. Anyway, Noah has been doing lots of new things lately. He is still not walking independently but he can take a few steps in between Tom and I when we are sitting on the floor. He walks like a champ with one hand wherever we go and if I am not in a hurry. We have been working on choices and picture communication the past week or so. We have not started to teach formal PECS but we wanted to get his feet wet with just making choices. I started out with the baby einstein cards (which he picks the correct one almost every time now) and then I moved onto his laminated pictures. He has a big picture board with all of his favorite things on it. Noah also babbles quite a bit.. He says ma ma all the time and uses a few other vowels and constanants together. He gets a hour and a half of speech a week along with OT, PT, Aqua therapy and Early Intervention. He loves puzzles and he is actually pretty good at them. He still loves his musical light up toys the best though. Noah has so much musical talent its amazing. He plays his toy guitar all of the time. Sometimes he even plays it with his teeth. ha ha.. I am serious about that one. He also loves to listen to music and spin on our office chair along with the tile floor. Well thats about it for now. Pictures of our day at the beach coming soon.. Bye

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm encouraged to hear about all of the wonderful things that Noah is doing. Music and lights are Nathan's favorite things as well. thank goodness for Baby Einstein and classical music toys!

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

He will be walking soon! I cnt beleive our little guys have to go to school at 3 to get therapy.....I know I wont be ready!

Kelly said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet this little guy! Kelly F

John Jeannie and Tyler said...

Tommy, Kristi, and Noah,
Thanks so much for the address to your blog. It is fantastic to see and hear so much about you and Noah.
We do want to get the three of you out to SF to visit. Just let us know when you think you will be up for it!

John Jeannie and Tyler said...

maybe that should be the "four of you"...?