Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, April 24, 2009

No Music . No Way.




Ok so yesterday I posted that Noah was bored. I mustered up the energy to take him shopping and buy a few things for the baby. Since Noah has been working on coloring, textures and finger painting in OT, I decided to get some of these things for home. I got him some crayons that he can hold easily in his palm and are bright and colorful. Along with some finger paints, play dough and small building blocks. Well I tried the play dough first which he loved. Only problem with the play dough is he wanted to eat it and then got frustrated when I wouldn't let him. Blocks no way they don't light up or play any music. Coloring and finger painting didn't go over any better. Noah is so motivated by sounds, lights and music that all the stuff I got him was boring. I took a picture of my little stinker this morning playing with his "musical toy". Next to Noah are my poor little, lonely building blocks. Notice the smile on his face saying "Sorry ma ma no music no way."

3 comments:

Toots said...

Noah,
Momma just doesn't get yet that you're a rock star. You need to remind her. You look so cute in these photos! Love you!
Aunt Angie

Phillippa said...

James tries to eat the play dough too... :-)

Michelle said...

I know I'm commenting on this really late but oh well! Austin is the exact same as Noah. If it doesn't light up and play music, forget it. Check out the Fisher Price Sit to Stand Giraffe. Austin got the 'old' plain model for is 1st birthday and STILL loves it.