Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Noah is Bored.

Lately Noah seems to be really bored with all of his toys and everything I try to do with him. I am in the middle of being extremely sick with a horrible cough. It's really hard right now to find anything that will entertain him. He has been just holding onto my legs and whining for most of the day. I think he is just over all of the toys he's had for a while and is ready to move onto bigger and better things. What kinds of activities do your little ones like to do? I think I am going to make a trip to the store today and find him some more challenging things to do. That is only if I can make it out the door. My ribs are so sore from coughing and I am having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Please pray that this baby stays where it should be since we are moving very shortly. I just realized that I am rambling so the title should be titled Ramble Post. ...

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Sorry to hear you are so sick. That's no fun, especially when you are pregnant.

Nathan has a tambourine and a drum and LOVES to beat it with a drumstick. They are real ones, not plastic ones. I think Toys R Us carries them in their Imaginarium section.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Sorry you are sick. I have been taking Alex outside since it has been nice, he always appreciates that change. I bet that new little baby will keep him entertained for a long time, a lifetime even:)
I bet the braxton contractions are just normal pregnancy things at this point...was Noah early?

Cindy said...

That was my least favorite thing of all time...being sick while pregnant. I pray you're better soon.

Do you have Leap Frog Fridge Phonics or the Fridge Farm? Natalie has both and loves them. We do squatting and standing with them (part of her PT homework), and I partly attribute her knowledge of the alphabet to it. Basically, anything from Leap Frog that has words and songs...

Phillippa said...

James loves anything that makes music too. He has a drum that has a rubber top, so the sound is pretty easy on parents ears. :-)

I've noticed that he's just started getting into "zooming" toy cars and trucks around the floor too.

Really though, the things he most enjoys are opening and closing doors and unpacking and repacking draws - pots & pans, kitchen tools, bath toys etc etc... Sometimes we just fill up a cardboard box (one his nappies come in) with pot lids, potato mashers, wooden spoons and stuff like that and let him up-end it on the floor and go for it. It's cheap, and you wouldn't have to go out for it... worth a shot...

Here's another idea - sit down and roll a ball back and forth to each other. James loves doing this with a big plastic ball. You get a bit of a rest this way but as for getting back up off the floor.... :-)

I hope the coughing eases up and you're feeling better soon. Take care.