Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Pregnancy Update and Some Thoughts.

I am now at almost 33 weeks and I can't believe how fast time seems to be going right now. I guess it is because in the next couple of weeks we will be moving. Yes, moving in the latter stages of pregnancy is oh so fun. Everything seems to be going alright as far as the pregnancy goes. It is really strange to hear the Dr say "Everything seems to be perfect" or "You are measuring right on time" or "The baby is growing right on track". When I was pregnant with Noah I never heard any of that. It was always something was wrong or not measuring quite right etc. So, this is a new experience for me but deep down I always feel like I'm waiting for the "ball to drop". I am getting a little anxious waiting for this new little arrival . I keep wondering how Noah is going to handle having a baby around. And I wonder how the new baby will fit into our lives. Will I have enough time to give to Noah? Will I have enough time to give to the new baby? I know these are normal feelings but its so hard to imagine right now. I have spent so much of the last 2.5 years with "just Noah". I have been able to give him my undivided attention and it scares me a little thinking he might not get enough of me now. At times I am sure I've gone overboard with my attention towards Noah and I know that I also need to give him space to grow. But its so hard because a lot of the time I feel totally responsible for how well he develops. I know in my heart that I can give Noah the correct tools but it is truly up to Noah to want to reach his own milestones. Before I end this post I have to give props to Noah. He has been saying "ball" over and over while playing with his ball. This morning I watched while he put a whole 9 piece puzzle together with no help. (way to go little smarty pants) and he is showing a lot of interest in walking this week. I am so proud of him..

6 comments:

Toots said...

Kristi...Don't worry the TLI will fit in just fine, and you'll be a terrific mom to two sweet boys. :-)

And Noah...Hooray!!! Uncle Tommy and Aunt Angie are so proud of you!!!

Brandi said...

I am so glad that you have experienced all of the great props that go along with a normal pregnancy!

How exciting that Noah is talking. That has to be a great source of encouragement to you!

Sawyer said...

I have the same worries when it's time for baby #2. I think you will do great though, I'm sure Noah will love being involved with his little brother. I'm so glad you have been able to have a great experience with this pregnancy.

Cindy said...

Hi Kristi, It's so ironic that you wrote this today, because just this morning I was thinking of you and wondering how you're doing...with pregnancy and everything else. I'm so glad things are going smoothly, and I know you will have a beautiful birth experience. Noah will surprise you at how well he steps into the big brother shoes...it will be a growing experience for him too. So remember that even though you don't have as much time to devote to only Noah, Noah is learning much more from his new little brother.

Hugs!

Kelly said...

I think Noah is going to be an outstanding big brother! I am glad the pregnancy is going well. Kelly F

angie said...

I had the same feelings as we awaited the birth of Owen. Emma had been my total and complete focus for 4 1/2 years. However, having him has been the best thing EVER for Emma. She LOVES him, and truly HE has been the best therapy that I could have ever found for her. She "reads" to him, talks to him, plays with him....now that he is mobile...they play together great. Now that Owen is almost 1 I look back and cannot imagine Em without him:).

It will work out GREAT! You are a super mom, and you will be...to both boys!

Good luck with the last few weeks:).