Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun in the Water and Sun






Last weekend Tom and I decided to take Noah and Nicholas to the Nickelodeon Hotel in Orlando. Yes, I know we were brave to take our 4 week old infant to a water park but I really needed a break from Jacksonville. We took our 11 year old niece with us and she was a huge help with the kids. Noah was able to meet Sponge Bob and all the other cartoon characters from Nickelodeon. My niece had to tell me who was who. We got some pictures of Noah with sponge bob but he was sleeping in my arms and could of cared less. Noah loved the water park and especially the toddler section (he could sit down and splash his little feet and hands around). Tom did decide to break the hotel rules and take Noah down the big boy slide. He put Noah on his lap and off they went. Of course he got in trouble with the lifeguard there (ha ha). I teased him about getting in trouble with the Nickelodeon police. Later when I was walking Noah around the water slides, he pulled me towards the big boy slide and signed "more". I felt so bad I couldn't take him on especially since he signed for it. Nicholas pretty much slept and ate the whole time so he was no trouble. We did take turns going inside and strolling him around so he wouldn't get over heated. It was so nice to get away and feel like a family with our two boys. I really enjoyed seeing Noah so happy and so much in his element. Hopefully we will get away again wsoson.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

A little time away from "normal grind" is probably just what you needed. Good for you!

Kwlly W.

Kelly said...

I mean

Kelly W.

he-he

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Is that you with a bikini on?!?!?
Looks like you had a great break away!

Brandi said...

Wow friend, you were made to have babies! Four weeks ago you gave birth, now you are in a bikini with your family at a water park? You are amazing! I didn't even have the energy to go to the store when my children were four weeks.

I'm so happy that you are out doing fun things!

Christine said...

WOW- what a cool place! I want to go there. Sounds like you had a fun time with your family. I'll have to keep that place in mind for the next time i make the trek to Florida.
By the way- I LOVE your new page layout.

Kelly said...

Are you wearing a bikini??? Looks like lots of fun! Kelly F