Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, July 31, 2009

His Wings Will Carry Him

I stared into Noah eyes this morning and studied his face for a long time. There was something different about the way he looked to me. I couldn't figure out why he looked so different and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. My baby is growing up. My baby will turn 3 on Oct 15th. Has it really been 3 years almost since this angel came to me? Where have these years gone? My baby is actually becoming more independent and looking like a little boy instead of a baby. How did this happen so fast? Then I started to think about the future. Right now I feel like I can always protect Noah. He is always around me so if anything goes wrong I can be his voice. I can pick him up, kiss him and tell him everything is going to be ok. But soon I will have to let him go. I will have to send him to school and hope that he will be ok without me. I will have to believe in myself that I have given Noah all the right tools to be ok without me. Noah is my angel and he always will be. I have carried him through hard times and amazing times. Noah has actually carried me through a ton of dark times too. He just doesn't know this yet but he will. I know that when I can't be there to carry him his wings will. His "angel wings"will carry him through life that sometimes is hard. A life that sometimes doesn't give us everything we want. But I know Noah only will see the beauty life has to offer. He is so lucky to have a heart that will only love. His heart is pure and innocent and he deserves his wings. Soar through life Noah. I will be right behind you holding on.

4 comments:

Toots said...

Noodes is an angel, and anyone with a heart can see that. He's going to bring so much love to the world. He already has to his family. There are other people out there who need a good dose of the sunshine Noodes can bring to enrich their lives. And I know Noodes will find those people, and they will love him dearly. I love you Noah!!!!!!!!!

Kerri H said...

Beautfil post Kristi...I needed a good reminder of that for Logan! Thanks..Hugs to Noah and your wonderful family!

Kelly said...

Noah, you have a wonderful mother! Kelly F

marilynd65 said...

Krist, your writings about Noah are so beautiful. You have been and always will be a wonderful and amazing mother to both Noah and Nick! Lots of hugs and kisses