Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome To The World Baby Nicholas






On 6-9-09 at 4.39 pm Nicholas Aiden Suarez came into our lives and changed us forever. With two easy pushes our beautiful, healthy, loud crying son made his existence known. I will never forget the feelings I had right before I laid eyes on Nicholas. I was so petrified that they were going to take him away like they did with Noah. I couldn't even breathe. I looked at the DR and said " I can't do this." But of course there was no getting up and running away at that point. I felt frozen almost like I was outside of my body. After only ten minutes of pushing I heard our sweet boy crying. The Dr laid Nicholas in my arms and I felt my breath somewhat return. I looked at his hands and feet first. I studied his thumbs for what seemed like an eternity. Then they picked him up and checked him out. I still to know everything was fine. I was so scared. Everything was so different the second time around. I didn't have to lay eyes on the NICU. I didn't have to see my baby with IV's, feeding tubes and Dr's that never left. There I was alone with my baby and my family. It all seemed so unreal. I couldn't wait to see Noah and have him meet his little brother.
When Noah arrived he could care less about his brother, he just wanted to explore the room. I had Nicholas on Tuesday and Thursday at noon I was discharged. What a wierd feeling to be leaving the hospital 48 hours after I gave birth. (with Noah I stayed in the hospital for 5 weeks while he was in the nicu) Everything just seemed like a dream. Noah is handling having a little brother in strides. Some days he wants all of my attention and he ignores the baby. Other days he is very interested and wants to help me change his diaper. He always laughs hysterically when Nicholas cries. Sometimes he tries to comfort him by gently stroking his arm.. So Sweet.. I think Noah is going to be an amazing brother. I also see in Nicholas that he will be Noah's protector. When I look into Nick's eyes I see strength and love. Just like his big brother Noah. They will make a perfect pair. I am so blessed to have two beautiful son's . Thank you God.

11 comments:

Toots said...

Imagine my surprise when I opened your blog and didn't see you on a merry-go-round appearing a bit under the weather. That photo got really old! Thank you for finally updating!!! :-)

I know you've been super busy. So I kid. Both Tommy and I are so happy for you and your newly bigger family. Nick and Noah will make the perfect pair, just as you will continue to be the perfect mom, and Tommy the perfect dad. We are thrilled to welcome a new nephew, and just as happy to know Noah has a little brother in this world. Love you!!!

Brandi said...

I am in tears as I am writing this comment. What a beautiful retelling of your birth experience with Nicholas. It brought back many memories of what I expected with Nathan, but obviously ended up different. Your first born and my second born are precious gifts, there is no doubt about that. I am so glad that you got to experience a healthy pregnancy and birth experience though. I hope it is/was healing and you found comfort in it.

Terri H-E said...

Joy to you and your entire family. He is gorgeous, just like his brother.

Cindy said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy to meet Nick. He's beautiful and he looks a lot like Noah! They are going to be great together, and the best of friends. I'm soooo happy for you!

Kelly said...

You are truly blessed! What a pair they will be!!!!

Kelly W.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Yay pictures!!! Congratulations!

Our Journey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Two handsome boys, PERFECT!

Jacqui said...

I am so thrilled to get to see pictures of Nicholas.

I also got emotional reading your post - you remembering back to the unexpected trials you faced with Noah, and this time so different.

I love what you wrote about your hope for the relationship between your sons. That was beautiful.

Kerri H said...

Way to go Kristi!!! I've missed you..I've been waiting for pics!!! Nicholas is beautiful!!! I can see so much of a resemblance between the two boys! You are so very blessed!!! (I'm jealous) Logan said to tell Noah hi!
Hugs..

Christine said...

Congratgulations Kristi and family.
I too am glad that your second birth experience was good. He's a beautiful boy. Thanks for blogging, we've missed you.

Michelle said...

I still am in awe of the difference of raising a typical son vs. one with special needs. It's amazing! Btw, I love your hair. You look great!