Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mixed Emotions.

Today was Nick's 2 month check up. He is 24 inches tall 90% percentile for height and weighs just over 12 pounds. He is smiling, cooing, holding his head up, and looking from side to side. The Dr put him on his belly and he pushed right up with his hands. He looks so strong. The Dr even said he was ahead for his age. Ahead?? That is a new term for me. I am used to hearing delayed, might catch up, work on this etc... The Dr then said it will be great when Nick starts to teach Noah things. For some reason that made my heart drop. Why I don't know? I think because it should be the other way around. Noah is the big brother and he is supposed to be teaching Nick things. I know in my heart of hearts that its a great thing that Noah will learn from his brother but it still hurts me. It hurts knowing that Noah has to struggle with so much. That is why I had mixed emotions I think. I am very happy that Nick is doing so great but at the same time sad that Noah still has to work hard at everything. I also know that Noah will teach Nick a lot too. He will teach him how to be patient, kind and understanding. He will teach him to embrace differences and be accepting of diversity. He will show him how to not take the beauty of the world for granted. To be joyful of even the smaller things in life. I guess I have already made myself feel better by writing this . I am blessed to have both of these little angels in my life.

4 comments:

Toots said...

You worked out your own mixed emotions through writing, and that's great. You are blessed. Nick and Noah will learn so much from each other. But I understand your mixed emotions too, and so I am sending out positive vibes for all of you.

Jacqui said...

It must be weird living in Italy and in Holland at the same time.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

No words of advice needed, you did best! I guess Im about to see what its like to have a baby catch up, and even pass my Alex. Ill remember this post!

Christine said...

hugs Kristi!