Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What About The Things I can Do?


Hey Guys it's me Noah. I just wanted to write about all the cool stuff I can do now. It makes my mommy feel better with all these evaluations for me coming up. My most favorite thing to do is puzzles and point to pictures in my books. There isn't a puzzle you put in front of me that I don't try to finish. Don't mean to brag but I rock at puzzles. I babble a lot but I like to say "ma ma" the most. I always see mommy smile a lot when I say that. I am starting to understand this whole "signing" thing now since mommy got me the "signing times" dvds. I like to sign "more" for "yes" and "more" but I'm trying to work it out. The other day I signed "eat" and "dog". (I was watching the movie when I signed "dog". Mommy and Daddy can usually understand what I want because I am now pointing to everything. I can scoop my own food by myself and I'm started to use my fork too. I climb on and off furniture and I'm trying really hard to be brave enough to walk without a hand or finger. I can pick out the right shapes when I am asked. I know triangle, square, circle, oval, rectangle. Oh and I am learning how to color. I pick the right answer to all of my flash cards too. Mommy always tells me how smart I am and I feel so proud of myself. I am learning my colors now too. Well there is so much more but I don't want to brag too much about myself. Peace out everyone, Love, Noah.

11 comments:

Toots said...

Oh, Noah, you are a superstar!!! We are so proud of all of your accomplishments! You rock!
Love, Auntie/Godma Angie & Uncle/Godpa Tommy

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Thanks for the update Noah, you are adorable!

Terri H-E said...

brag all you want, clever fellow! We want to hear every detail. We knew you could do it!

Cindy said...

Those are great achievements...you're a very smart kid!

Kristi said...

Also my favorite game is the "1,2,3 game" where my dad or mom hold me upside down by my feet over the bed, with my hands at my side or behind my back ,until all the blood rushes to my head, then I hold out my arms in front of me and flip over like a backflip.

angie said...

You are AMAZING Noah!! Keep up the GREAT work! I love to read about your progress, and see your ADORABLE face! You ROCK!

Jacqui said...

We love hearing about all the things that you are good at. It is the best way to live life I think - to focus on our strengths. Sending you a big HUG. Can you also let your mom know that she is also amazing too.

marilynd65 said...

Mr. Noah, you look so proud of yourself and you should!!! Nana is very proud of you!! Love and miss you.

schemperfamily said...

Hi Kristi,
Thank you so much for having a blog about your beautiful family. Noah and Nick are so adorable! As I read some of your stories, I felt led to contact you. My name is Denise, and my husband and I have a precious little girl, Kate, who has been diagnosed with RTS. I would love it if I could talk with you or e-mail you sometime, just to get to know another family who is on a similar journey. My e-mail is: schemperd@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you sometime. Thanks so much. Your heart for your children is beautiful!
Blessings,
Denise Schemper

Christine said...

You are absolutely Brilliant Noah! You should brag, those are huge accomplishments!

Kelly said...

You are doing great Noah! Kelly F