Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Love These Moments.

Today I had a few different moments that took my breath away. A few moments that made my heart leap with joy. I had posted earlier this week that Noah decided he wasn't going to walk after a fall he had. I don't think I posted that he fell and hit the back of his head at water therapy a week or so ago. I had to take him to the ER to make sure everything was ok. It ended up to be ok but I didn't think it had affected him because the anxiety didn't start until five or six days after the fall. But I know it was the fall that scared him. He has been walking holding onto the back of his head and it breaks my heart. So sad. Anyway the good news is that he took off again today. We decided to take him to Dave N Busters (It is a huge arcade attached to a restaurant) this is his absolute favorite place. He loves the lights, noise and crowds. Noah is so happy when he is in loud crowded places. He is such a little social butterfly at heart. As we were walking towards his favorite game he let go of my hand. He is so much more motivated when he is out of the house. That seems weird to me because I would think he would feel more comfortable at home. Nope out and about that's when he is the happiest. Another great moment today was my first real kiss on the cheek from Noah. Noah and I were reading books together and I asked him to give me a kiss. Right away he grabbed my cheek and slobbered all over me. I was so happy I asked for two more kisses. The third time came and he was over it. This was a moment that took my breath away. A moment some might take for granted. Then before Noah went to bed we watched "Signing Time's" together. Noah and I were sitting on the floor together signing and I asked him to rub my head. I laid my head in his lap and he played with my hair for ten minutes. How sweet is that? He does this often for me. I will say "Noah will you do my hair?" and he does. It is just too sweet. That is my rambling for the day. It was just a great day..

5 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great day! Hold on to these memories for the tough days...they get me through, too.

Toots said...

You are so lucky to have such a sweetheart in Noah! What touching memorable moments. I was just looking at the photos of when we took Noah to NYC in 2008. I miss him so!!!

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, I knew that Noah would take off again walking! Noah is definitely a lovable, sweet little boy!!

Kerri H said...

Aren't they great! I love those Logan kisses the most!!! Especially when they're unexpected! Makes for an awesome day! :)

Michelle said...

sooo sweet.