Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Today I Celebrate You


Dear Noah,

You took my breath away today. Today for the first time I saw you walking by yourself. You walked ahead of me with that bathrobe tie hanging behind you. You looked like you had been walking for a year or so. A few times you practically ran but I had to slow you down. You walked all around the house like that for almost two hours. You still won't let go of that bathrobe tie but you are walking. Your Dad and I are so proud of you Noah. I admire the way you never give up. You are my inspiration and my love for you runs deeper than you will ever know. You have worked so hard and I know sooner than later the bathrobe tie will be a thing of the past. You walked today. I still can't believe it. I am so happy. I love you. You have taught me a huge life lesson Noah. Today you taught me that hope, determination, courage, strength, and love always win in the end. Today I felt joy. Today I celebrate. Love, mom

13 comments:

Our Journey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a big day!! Go Noah!!!!!!!

I love the picture with the walker, too cute!!

Jacqui said...

Wooohooo HOW ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY EXCITING. You must be so thrilled with yourself Noah. We join with your mum and dad in celebrating your big STEPS!!!!!! Yay yay yay!!!

Kelly said...

What a big day! Noah you are AWESOME! I bet he is just a struting with his chest puffed out! Kelly F

Myssie said...

Yay!! Way to go Noah!! We are all so very proud of you! What an amazing day!!

Mary said...

Yippee Noah! We are so proud of your accomplishments and taking your first steps all on your own. We are also so very proud of your mommy and daddy for bringing you this far. Way to go all of you.

Mucho love,

Grandma Mary and Grandpa Pat

Terri H-E said...

So proud, so excited, so hopeful. You knew he could do it, he convinced himself now!

What a wonderful read to start my day. Go shopping today - get that boy some fancy walking shoes!

Love and happiness,
Terri

marilynd65 said...

Mr. Noah, I knew this day would come!! I am so proud of you and mommy for all your hard work everyday together!!! I know your Mommy and Daddy are extremely proud also!! GOOD JOB!!

Love you, Nana

Toots said...

Noah,
You are an absolute superstar! You make our hearts so happy and proud! Congratulations on your big victory!

And kudos to mommy and daddy for all their hard work as well! This is truly a moment to celebrate!

Love,
Auntie/God-ma Angie & Uncle/God-pa Tommy

P.S. Noah, I look at that photo with you and the walker looking exasperated and tired everyday. It cheers me up because it's so cute. I knew this day would come!

Brandi said...

AMAZING Noah! You must be so proud of yourself (even though you don't even know you did it by yourself!) You are a determined young man, just like your mommy and daddy. Keep up the good work because you will have to teach your baby brother to walk when he's a big boy, just like you.

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

What an exciting post to read! Great job Noah!

Tena said...

I have mega goosebumps!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, to ALL of you! I so remember this day for us, I will never forget it!!

Michelle said...

WHOOOO HOOOO! I sooo can remember the day Austin decided to take off. I'm so excited for you!

Kerri H said...

Congrats guys! Logan and I are so proud of you...I knew it would be soon..its sooo tough to wait...I'm so excited I had tears in my eyes!! So HAPPY! Go out and celebrate..you deserve it and thanks for the words of encouragement wisdom!! ( I needed to hear that!) New walking hugs to you all!!