Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hug Your Son or Daughter Tonight

As I am writing this there is a little boy who is 3 years old fighting to breathe. I found his blog only recently but have been so touched by his story and the strength of his parents. Tonight I feel immense pain for this family and the loss they are about to endure. They are with their son in the hospital praying for him to go home with God. He is suffering and has fought long and hard on this earth. I have never met this family but last night I cried for the pain they are feeling. I pray that they will get through this heart wrenching time and that their son will no longer feel pain. Tonight I look at my beautiful children and am thankful they are home with me. I am thankful they are not in pain. I am thankful that I can put them to bed and kiss them goodnight. I am thankful for so much right now. Please pray for this family. The little boy's name is Gavin. Please pray that his suffering ends soon. Hug your children and thank God you can tuck them in tonight.

3 comments:

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, I feel so much sadness for Gavin and his parents. They will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your touching advice to hug and kiss your children made me cry. It is so important to tell your children and loved ones how much you love them everyday. I pray God will give Gavin and his parents strength and peace.

Christine said...

Kristi,

What you write about, is something I think about EVERY single night. I remember when Nathan was just a few months old, he was hospitalized, I sat next to my little man in iCU crying and praying that he would pull through. I have never been so scared. Ever since then I have never taken a day for granted and I hug and tell my children how much I love them, my husband too because you never know when it will be your last time.
My heart aches for Gavin and his parents. I am praying for them.

Toots said...

God bless Gavin and his family. They are in my prayers.