Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, November 27, 2009

What Are Noah and Nick up to?

It's been a long time since I have updated on my two little munchkins so here goes. We think we have finally found a preschool that we like for Noah. I have been searching like crazy for weeks now. We decided not to go with the public school system so we have been researching private preschools. It has been a long journey trying to find the right place to suit Noah and honestly to suit me. I hated almost everything I saw until last week. I'm not sure when Noah will start but I'm thinking after the holidays. He so desperately needs the social interaction. The school is an inclusion preschool so he will be with children with special needs and typically developing children. They have a great schedule and he would only go three days a week. He will still receive his therapies privately. Noah is still scared to walk after his two falls. Both times he fell straight back like a board on his head. I have had to go back to the bathrobe tie (if you recall I used that before) to gain his confidence. It is a hard blow to see him walking like a pro to refusing to walk. It made me sad but then I realized that he needs to gain the confidence himself in his own time. I have backed off, knowing in my heart that he will walk again.

Nicholas will be 6 months old soon Dec 9th. I can't believe how fast time is flying by and how big he is. He is already in 9 month clothing and even those seem to be tight sometimes. He is so tall. He has started solids and eats like a pig. He has loved everything we have fed him .. He is babbling like crazy and laughs all the time. He really is a "angel baby". I took him to the mall and it felt like I was by myself. He never made a peep from his stroller. He looks at his brother with so much admiration and is interested in everything Noah does. He is rolling over, sitting up and showing interest in all different types of toys. He adores to watch "Signing times" with his brother. He almost shows more interest in it than Noah. He loves to watch Noah play his computer games and is fascinated with life in general. He still wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night but hopefully that will stop soon. Both Noah and Nick are doing wonderful.. Thank you for reading about my two munchkins..

5 comments:

Toots said...

You have two big blessings in small (or maybe better put)...growing bodies. So much to be grateful for. They are an adorable duo. I loved reading about them.

Kerri H said...

Thanks for the update..was wondering how they are doing! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving..Glad you found a preschool that you think you will like..BTW..my parents found a great car track set that Logan really likes..which is amazing in itself..logan doesn't really even like cars..but this he likes and will watch it for hours..let me know and I will email you the info on it..(dont' think you can buy in the store)...

Angelica said...

you must be so excited at seeing everything your two little ones are doing! thank you for sharing with us.

Brandi said...

I am soooooo glad that you finally found a preschool that you are comfortable with. It sounds like it is going to be a good fit for both of you.

marilynd65 said...

Can't wait to see Noah and Nick during the Christmas holiday! Happy you found the right school for Noah!