Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Nicholas

There are so many things I love about you sweet boy. I wanted to take the time to write out my favorite things about you. I can't believe how much you have grown in your 7 little months. You have become such a special part of our family. Your smile will light up the whole room, no matter where we are. You smile at every stranger and everyone you love with such delight. I love the way you wiggle your little body and dance when you hear music. I love hearing you babble "da da" all day and I even hear "ma ma". I love the way you watch your brother with so much admiration and love. I love the way you say "mmmm" when you are being fed cereal. I love the way you smile at me every morning when I get you out of your crib. Your little toothless mouth is so cute. I love the way you clap your hands when I sing to you and your brother. I love the yucky face you make when you eat veggies.. (especially squash.) I love that you play with my hair if I lay my head in your lap (just like Noah.) I love the way you look at me with such concern when you think I'm hurt. (I stubbed my toe really bad yesterday it brought me to tears.) There are so many things I love about you. I have only touched the beginning. You are such a beautiful, amazing, funny little boy. We are so blessed to have you as part of our family.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy

2 comments:

Toots said...

Nicko, your hairdo cracks me up. You look like a surfer baby. You're lucky to have such a great mommy!

marilynd65 said...

Nicholas, I had so much fun with you every morning singing and making all kinds of funny noises together! You are such a joy and have a great personality already. I miss you and Noah.