Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Time To Brag About Noah.

I haven't given an update on Noah in quite some time. Noah has decided he is going to try and walk by himself again. After he had the two falls and ended up in the ER he wanted to hold my hand again. It has been almost four months and he is slowly getting his courage again. Today I let go of his hand and he looked at me with a big smile and walked to the computer in front of us. He was so proud of himself. Later during the day I let go again and he didn't panic. He just walked to where we were going. Noah has been wearing a weighted vest for the last month and it has improved his balance and his anxiety. Thank you to Noah's uncle Micheal for working so hard making his vest. It really has made a huge difference. On Monday Noah will be starting horse therapy. We are so excited to see how he does with this. Ever since Noah was diagnosed I have wanted to include horse therapy. I am so excited. We also decided to wait for Noah to start school in August. It took a lot of sleepless nights and undecided feelings but the decision is made finally. I was just so nervous with him being at school and falling back like a board and getting seriously hurt. This way he can improve his falling techniques and I can work with him more. Yesterday I found out Noah knows most of his colors. The only ones he didn't know were gold and silver. He is amazing. He also knows the majority of shapes even oval, diamond and star. Those aren't even the basic ones. I am so proud of him. He knows so much it is unbelievable what he soaks in. He is also picking up new signs here and there and makes up some of his own signs. We try to correct him but he is determined that the sign for "yes" is to hit his head with his hand. ha ha.. Overall he is doing awesome and we are so proud of him...

9 comments:

Kerri H said...

That is so awesome Kristi..so proud of him!!! Glad to you decided to wait until August..I'm sure you made the right decision...alot can happen between now and then...please let me know how the horse therapy goes..I would be anxious to try that for Logan..miss ya!

Our Journey said...

i was just about to ask you about his walking! go noah!!!

looks like frankie and noah will both be starting in august :)

Brandi said...

Yes! He's ready again! I'm looking forward to more video.

I really want to do horse therapy for Nathan, but I know he's not old/big enough yet. We have been out to a stable before and he loved the horses. I hope Noah likes his new adventure!

The Crosby Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toots said...

I am so excited for Noah to begin horse therapy!!! I think it will be an amazing adventure for him. And hooray to Noah for conquering his fear and walking again! Noah you are incredible. We miss you so, so much!

Blake Bahr said...

Hi All,

It's Stacey, Uncle Tommy's sister. I loved catching up on all of Noah's amazing progress, along with your honest, and moving feelings/moments in your life. We think of you often.

We have horse therapy in St. Mary's. I often watch the children, because I do photography there as well. They all love it!

Happy New Year!
Stacey Bahr

Christine said...

Brag away that it is awesome!
So great that he has started walking again. Good job Noah!
I have no idea if Nathan knows his colours or shape? That's awesome that Noah knows them. What a smart little cookie you have! You should be proud. He's worked hard. Can't wait to hear about Horse therapy.
hugs to you all.

marilynd65 said...

I am so happy that Noah is walking again. Many thanks to Michael for making the wonderful weight vest for Noah. Kristi, I was thrilled to hear that Noah enjoyed his first experience with a horse.

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,性愛