Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Just Like You


Have you ever been in a random place and hear this question? "How do you do it?". And then "I don't think I would be able to handle it,if I were in your shoes." How come whenever some people (not all) find out you have a child with special needs they look at you with pity? Don't they think I notice the "Oh I feel sorry for you look." And then some people assume you are this special, great, chosen one, that can do no wrong. As a parent of a child with special needs this annoys me. I want to say to all the wondering minds that "I'm just like you." I get up in the morning and take care of my children the same way you do. I take each day at a time. We do normal things like reading, playing, singing, etc. Do the people who think they would not be able to handle "it" realize I thought the same thing in the beginning. I'm just like you. I am a mom who loves her children. And, if you are one of the people who looks on a parent with pity because of her special child, please don't, smile instead. We don't want your pity. We love our children just the way they are. I wouldn't change this beautiful child for the world.

10 comments:

Our Journey said...

AMEN!!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

Yup so true! =)

Myssie said...

totally get it!

Toots said...

Absolutely one of my most favorite entries you've ever written! Why not print it out and hand it to those parents who look towards you with pity. Have an entire stack of them you carry around. :-)

Christine said...

I get it 100%.

marilynd65 said...

I agree with Toots. Print them out, don't give any response and just hand them out.

Kelly said...

I am so glad I have a network of people who get it!!!

Kelly W.

moneymoneymakemoney said...

That horse is amazing! Great kids too!

Kerri H said...

Ditto here..I hate hearing that too..so true..we all understand:) Hugs! One day at a time!

I LOVE YOU said...

走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,聊天室