Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Noah's New Best Friend.






Mr Noah has started Horse Therapy!!!! I have to say Noah is a natural on the horse. His first day I stood on the sidelines and watched him with tears in my eyes. He looked absolutely beautiful riding that horse around. His therapist even mentioned to me that she would need to challenge Noah a lot more than she expected. She asked me if Noah had ever been on a horse before.. The only horse he has been on is his toy horse at home. Yesterday was his second therapy session and he couldn't wait to get on his horse. He kept signing "on" until it was his turn to get on. These therapy sessions are so special to me for many reasons. When Noah was in the NICU someone sent me a email of a little girl with RTS receiving horse therapy. Each morning I woke up in the hospital hotel, I felt hopeless, sad and petrified. The email of this little girl helped get me through the first hours of the morning. I felt so much comfort and hope when I saw her on the horse. For just a while it made me feel that everything would be ok. Ever since then I have wanted to see my sweet boy on a horse. What a amazing feeling it was to see my baby looking so strong and so proud.

9 comments:

Toots said...

Noah,

I have the happiest tears streaming down my face. It is so touching to see you with your new friend. What a glorious creature from God that horse is, and your genuine connection with the horse in these photos only reveals what a beautiful child of God you are. I am so excited for you as you embark on this new adventure in your life. I love you more than you could ever possibly know!

Love,
Godmom/Auntie Angie

P.S. Goddad/Uncle Tommy thinks you rock on your saddle!

P.S.S. Summer can't wait to meet you and loves you too!

marilynd65 said...

Mr. Noah, Nana was also tearing up seeing you on your new friend. What is the horse's name? I am so happy for you and mommy. RIDE M' COWBOY!!! Love you, Nana

Kristi said...

His name is Mocha

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

Way to go Noah, you look great on your horse! =) wow, that is amazing i cant wait till jesus starts his horse therapy!

Cindy said...

What a natural! He looks so comfortable! I wish Natalie had that opportunity, but I'm so glad Noah is doing it for the rest of us!

Kerri H said...

That is great Kristi and Noah..keep me posted..Looks like he did great and a lot of fun! Can't wait to maybe try that w/Logie when it warms up..(which at this point I'm thinking warm will never come! Ugh)

angie said...

He looks wonderful up there on that horse:). I love when our dreams for our children become true reality....they really can do anything that they want to do. I'm so glad that you shared the beauty of your story. It gave me goosebumps to think about those early days that you had with Noah.

Jacqui said...

WOW - he looks so confident and so strong in those photos. What an amazing experience for him. I can tell this is going to be the highlight in his week. Go Noah.

marilynd65 said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Noah and Nick...hugs and kisses! Love, Nana