Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Wish Came True.

A few months ago I wrote a post about wishing Noah could tell me he loved me. A few weeks ago my wish became reality. Most mom's get to hear their 3 year old say "I love you" but I got something better. One night when I was putting Noah to bed I asked him if he loved mama? With both of his hands he grabbed my face and kissed me. Then when I asked him again he signed "yes". Not the typical sign for "yes" but Noah's version. My eyes filled with tears as I leaned over to kiss him goodnight. It really is true that showing love is better than just voicing it. I know my son loves me, there is no feeling better than that in my eyes. That night Noah gave me my wish. In Noah's way he told me he loved me. He melted my heart twenty times over. I am blessed for that moment. Thank you sweet boy for granting my wish.

11 comments:

Terri H-E said...

More joy to you. What a happy day!

marilynd65 said...

Oh, Kristi, how sweet! I love it when Noah cups your face with his little hands. He did it once to me but no kisses. Noah has loved you from day 1.

Toots said...

Noah shows his love in the most beautiful profound ways. He has always loved you...from the first moment he existed within you. But what a wonderful moment between you a few weeks ago, something to cherish always.

Hugs and kisses to Noah for making mommy feel so loved.

Cindy said...

(wiping tears away) how beautiful! There is truly no greater gift from our children.

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

wiping tears away here too! simply perfect!

Kelly said...

What a sweet sweet boy!!!!

Kelly W.

Nicky said...

Isn't he just so precious! I was going through all the old pics on Noah's blog (and all the others)which I haven't always been able to see (Hooray for the new pc) and, as Sam's hair starts getting a little lighter, I can see so many similarities between them,Sam too loves to hold your face in his hands and even tho he hasn't learnt to kiss yet, that alone melts my heart every time. Challenges or no challenges, aren't we truly blessed to have these angels in our lives! xxx

Christine said...

Ahhh! That's the best Kristi! Go Noah keep making Mama's wishes come true!

Kelly said...

Kristi, I can relate to that feeling. Max has recently starting signing I Love You (in his own way) and it melts my heart. Just seeing Noah with you says I love you! He is a sweet boy with a super sweet mom. Kelly F

Kerri H said...

I love it Kristi!! I hope all your wishes come true always! This one is the best though!! Love those moments!! Hope all is well you!! Hugs!

rtfgvb799 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................