Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stop Complaining.

My blog is my therapy so today I am going to use it as such. I am so tired of listening to mom's of "typically" developing children complaining about this and that. Its' the "I wish my son/daughter would stop talking my ear off." Or "It's been such a hard day, so and so would not sit down" "He just keeps running around all day long." I'm not being insensitive to the complaints of these mom's but take a moment to be thankful for what you have. Yes, you have to listen to your child talk endlessly and maybe about nothing, but be thankful. Be thankful you don't have to spend countless hours and days trying to figure out what it is your child want's. Yes, your child may never stop running around and you are tired, but be grateful he can run. I know these particular mom's may never understand and that is not their fault. But it is so downright annoying to me. Stop complaining and embrace what you do have.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh girl...I get it...I so get it.

Kelly W.

Christine said...

I totally get it Kristi! I'm so with you on this...

marilynd65 said...

I also agree with you, Kristi. These parents should feel very grateful that they and their children do not have to work so hard to meet everyday challenges. They sure take it for granted.

Kerri H said...

Ditto here..it seems like its always in my face too..drives me batty!! Everything comes so easy to them!! I lose patience w/those poeple so quick..