Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What The Heck?

I have been told by Noah's therapist that he has gravitational insecurities. A child with gravitational insecurities prefers to stay low to the ground either lying down or seated. Rigidly fixing his body to avoid any movement, and avoiding most physical tasks. This is what they tell me but this is what I saw. Somehow I don't think their diagnosis is accurate. For some strange reason I think Noah is fooling us all. He had to climb up a swivel chair to get up on our computer desk. hmmmm.




8 comments:

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

he made me chuckle! i think that when he wants to do something he will get it done no matter what diagnosis people give him! it is amazing to see him up there like such a natural.

Brandi said...

Diagnosis, shmiagnosis I say! Can't put that sweet one in a box can you? Love it Kristi! Um...now you can't turn you back on him anymore can you?

marilynd65 said...

I can't believe what I just saw!!

Toots said...

OMG...hilarious, although a bit scary. This made me smile so wide this morning!

Cindy said...

He might have had "gravitational insecurities", but he's been cured! Natalie now climbs on the changing table (and has fallen off at least once) which FREAKS ME OUT! Look out, Noah is going to give you a run for your money!

Terri H-E said...

Must make the therapist feel better to toss what she is unable to help Noah through into a bucket with a name on it. But the kid will do what the kid will do. Obviously! Cheers to the little trouble maker.

Sherry C said...

that is impressive that he climbed up there. Way to go! I have a girl with gravitational insecurities for sure she bum scoots and never pulls up. I would love to find her on my computer on day. I'm sure the day will come.

Sherry C said...

that is impressive that he climbed up there. Way to go! I have a girl with gravitational insecurities for sure she bum scoots and never pulls up. I would love to find her on my computer on day. I'm sure the day will come.