Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Almost One Year Ago









I can't believe in just 3 weeks we will be celebrating your first birthday Nicholas. You have changed our lives forever in so many beautiful ways. You are so little but you bring me comfort when I'm sad. Some days I feel like there is not enough of me to go around but it always seems like you understand. Even when you wake up at the crack of dawn,your smile makes me smile. Your laughter brings so much joy to our lives. When I hear you laugh in the other room, I can't help but laugh myself. I am so glad you are happy. I love the way you look at your big brother with so much curiosity. I know you are going to be so protective of Noah. It seems like just yesterday you took your first breath. And now very soon we will celebrate the first year of your life. I love you sweet boy.

3 comments:

marilynd65 said...

Nicholas, I remember that very special day you were born! I am so happy that you came into our lives and have brought so much joy to all of us, especially your brother, Noah! I love that you are so full of happiness and laugh at almost everything! I love you, sweet Nicholas! Nana

Toots said...

Nicholas, you are such a happy boy! I can't believe you'll be one. Summer can't wait to meet both you and Noah sometime soon. I am so happy you and Noah have each other in this life.

Brandi said...

Happy birthday Nocholas! I feel so fortunate to be able to watch you grow up. You are a handsome young man and your smile ALWAYS puts a smile on my face, I can't imagine what it does for your parents!