Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Dreams and Understanding What Really Matters.

Today I was swinging Noah in his room, when his laughter gave me goose bumps. He laughed so hard and for so long. The sound of his sweet voice and the fact that he is so happy, made me think of dreaming. The dreams that a lot of parents secretly dream for their kids. Sometimes they dream their child will be a Dr or maybe a athlete. Or they dream their child will be the most popular kid in class. If you have a girl, maybe you dream they will have the most beautiful wedding ever or they will do something magnificent that changes the world. Maybe if you have a boy, you will dream he will be a football player or date the prettiest girl in school. All parents have dreams for their children. Sometimes parents dream for their children the opposite of what their child really wants. This is all part of being a parent and wanting the best for your child. I have been taught another lesson from Noah. As I was listening to him laugh this morning, I knew my only dream for my kids is happiness. All the other stuff doesn't matter. If my children laugh every day and know they are loved for the rest of their life, then I have done my job. Thank you Noah.

6 comments:

Toots said...

Dreaming for a child's happiness is the best we can do, and revealing our own happiness to them as an example. Noah and Nick are happy souls, and their laughter is a barometer of what a great job you've done so far! Love you!

Cindy said...

Amen, sister!

Jacqui said...

I am going to quote you on this amazing sentence that you wrote:

If my children laugh every day and know they are loved for the rest of their life, then I have done my job.

Brilliant

Kerri H said...

You said it girl!! I think we're all doing a great job! Happy Mother's Day Kristi!!! May it be the best one yet!!

marilynd65 said...

What a beautiful Mother you are, Kristi! You are a wonderful mom to Noah and Nick. Happy Mother's Day!

marilynd65 said...

Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful mothers that follow your blog.