Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Noah says "go"

Well, not verbally but he sure knows how to use the sign. Noah has been cracking me up lately with his ability to sign very forcefully. When he really wants to get his point across he signs so there is no mistake what he is trying to say. He loves to sign "go" so here is a funny story. I'm sure my neighbor won't mind me telling it so here goes. The other night Noah was eating dinner,when our neighbor stopped by. He was in a bad mood and wasn't about to take one bite of his food. If Noah won't eat dinner (which is most of the time) I just ignore it. The minute I ask him to eat or make a big deal out of it, food goes flying. I know that he will eat when he is hungry. In the meantime my neighbor thought it would be a good idea to pick up Noah's spoon and try to feed him. Are you serious? Noah is Mr Independent and there is no way he is letting anyone put a spoon in his mouth. So, Noah looked at my neighbor and as hard as he could possibly throw his arm out, he signed "go". And off she went to the door. She was laughing and didn't get upset but I laughed until I cried. It was just so funny. Shall I stay or shall I go? Noah thinks you should "go".

7 comments:

Toots said...

Noah, you crack me up! Auntie Angie knows the sign for "go" now. She learned it watching Baby Signing Times. Please don't ever use the sign on me! :-)

Cindy said...

Noah, way to communicate!

drurylove said...

Way to go Noah!! I am so proud of you. The "Go" blog made me laugh until I cried. Then I cried because I miss Noah and Nick so much and wish I could be there to share these moments. I miss you guys so much! Think I finally figured out how to use this site. For some reason I just didn't get it. I am sorry for that.

marilynd65 said...

Kristi told me this story a few nights ago...so funny! Good job on your signing, Noah! I know your neighbor(who has been a very good friend to your family) is very proud of you and of course got a good laugh! Keep up the good work! Love you, Nana

Kerri H said...

Love it..You GO Noah! They will definitely communicate w/you when they want something!

Tarah said...

That is hilarious!

Christine said...

Way to go Noah! Keep up the great work!