Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My First Day Of School

Hey guys it's me Noah. I wanted to tell you all about my first day of school. The first thing I have to say is I LOVED IT. It was the coolest day ever. Mom and Dad told me the night before that I was going to school. When they came into wake me up, I signed "go". I was trying to make mommy laugh because I knew she was really nervous. But I have to give it up to mommy I didn't see her cry. Maybe she cried on the way home but I'm not sure. Mommy, Daddy and my little brother Nick took me this morning. I had my cool elmo back pack that I personally picked out. I did see mommy cry in the aisle of target when I pointed to which back pack I wanted. Sorry mom but I was really ready to go. Anyway I walked into my classroom and hugged my teacher and all the other adults in the room. Right away I tried to steal someone's cereal. That wasn't cool of me but I was just testing to see what I could get away with. I loved my teacher and I heard her tell mommy how great I did. My therapists said they loved me too. I totally rocked it with my signing. I signed all day and really impressed my teacher. She had tears in her eyes when I signed "thank you" before I left. I walked around the whole day and didn't even try to crawl. oh and I enjoyed flushing the toilet a few times too. When we were leaving the school I tried to get on the bus but mommy had to ruin it and put me in her car. Boo. I can't wait until tomorrow.. Here are a couple of pictures of me before I left for school. I threw in a picture of my back pack and lunch box I picked out. Later, Noah the preschooler.


10 comments:

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

Noah you are a Fantastic little preschooler!!! I'm glad you had a great day! great job on the walking and signing!!! :)

Jacqui said...

What an excellent first day! What a milestone. So inspiring as Matt will soon be following in Noah's footsteps. I am intrigued to see how Noah grows and develops in this new environment.

Nicky said...

Wow Noah - what an awesome little man you are and I say "little man" because of how well you handled such a huge day. Mom, Dad and Nick must be soooooooo proud of you, we all are! Can't wait for an update and what a great job on picking out that Elmo backpack! Handsome, smart and great taste too!!!

Cindy said...

Whoo hoo! You are going to LOVE school, Noah! I sure do! And your parents will be amazed at how much you learn and grow there...my parents have been.

Welcome to the club, bro!

Natalie

Toots said...

Noah, I was thinking of you this week while in California. I knew you'd approach your first days of school as an old pro and with so much enthusiasm. We are so proud of you! You have such an amazing adventure ahead of you!

Brandi said...

Thanks for sharing about your first day of school Noah, I've been wondering how it was for you! I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you learn and what you teach toeveryone else around you!

drurylove said...

I am so proud of you Noah. I knew you were ready and that you would truly shine. Maybe next year mommy will let you get on the bus. Iam proud of mommy too for not crying. She was so proud of you when I talked to her after you were already in school the first day. We are all proud of you and love you very much.

marilynd65 said...

Noah, I was so happy to hear from your mommy after she took you to school the first day. She said that you liked the school and just started to explore the classroom right away!! She also told me at the end of school what a hit your were with your teacher and therapists! Also how well you did with your signing! I am so proud of you, Mr. Noah and so happy that you were ready to go back to school today(your day off). Love you, Nana

trassy dicosta said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
Online florists Poland

trassy dicosta said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
send flowers china