Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Yesterday was Noah's last day with his therapists he's had since birth. I expected it to be difficult but that's putting it mildly. His PT, ST and OT have been such a support to me over the last 3.5 years. They love Noah to pieces but excited to see another chapter open in Noah's life. I have to admit I have been struggling trying to find peace. I am second guessing myself a lot and wondering if I have done enough to prepare Noah for preschool. I have had anxiety dreams about his first day. I know they are unrealistic dreams but it's hard to let go. I know there are a million mom's before me that have gone through this but it is still hard. Since Noah was a baby,in my mind, I have always feared the start of school. As long as he was a baby I could protect him from the world. I know in my heart that is also unrealistic. I have to let my little butterfly spread his wings. I have swallowed this big knot in my throat so many times. I pray for strength as I let go. I pray I have done my best. And I pray I have made the best choices for Noah.

6 comments:

drurylove said...

I hope the conversation we had yesterday and today helped. Noah is going to do great. It is scary to let your child go.. I know you have struggled with this decision for a long time. I love you. Believe in the decision you have made. Noah does need to spread his wings and fly. He is going to do great things. I really wish I could be there in person for you. Just know that I am sending you the biggest hug ever and know that I love you and am here for you always, especially on the big day.

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, I wish I could be there for you, more than you know! You have been the best mom to Noah and you are doing the right thing. I remember sending all of you to school for the first time and it was difficult to let go. I am confident that Noah will do well and he will be loved at his school....who doesn't love Mr. Noah. Love you so very much, Mom

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

He is going to do great! He is amazing! you have done a great job with him, your a great mom!

drurylove said...

When are you going to post the hat pictures?? I can't wait to see them :)

trassy dicosta said...

Great post....
I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
send flowers china

trassy dicosta said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
Online florists Poland