Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Some Moments Really Do Take Our Breath Away

There is a saying that says "Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by the moments, that take our breath away." This is so true and I thought of this saying standing on the beach holding Noah's hand. Over the weekend we took the kids to Hilton Head to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. We had a fabulous time but there was one evening I will never forget. On this particular evening we were all swinging on a bench swing near the beach. Noah decided he wanted to have some alone time with mommy, so he grabbed my hand. I let him lead me to where he wanted to go. He had a look on his face like he was on a mission. So, he walked me down the path to the beach and all the way down to the ocean. We were both in our clothes we were going to wear to dinner but it didn't matter. He held my hand and took me further into the ocean until the water was up to his knees. With each wave that came towards us, the anticipation on Noah's face grew stronger. I have never, ever seen Noah with so much joy on his face. After each wave hit us Noah's grip grew stronger on my hand. His laughter seemed to be making the waves come faster. It was like no one else was on the beach but me and my little guy. I couldn't stop staring at his smile because I wanted to always remember how he looked. I took a picture with my mind and there it will always stay. Our clothes were soaked and we didn't care. Nothing mattered except being in the moment. Loving the moment we were in. And letting that moment take my breath away. That is what life is all about.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Love it!

Jacqui said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

marilynd65 said...

What a beautiful, touching story about you and your special little guy! Love you, Mom

Toots said...

So special! Love this story! I have it recorded in my head now, and I'm replaying it over and over again. Such a sweet visual!

Myssie said...

what a beautiful story kristi! I love it!

Brandi said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I know the photo in your heart will last forever!