Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How's Noah doing in school?

The changes in Noah since he started school are fantastic. I use fantastic because that is what is marked everyday for his behavior. I am so proud of my little guy for all his hard work. I feel comforted knowing that Noah loves going to school. Last night we told Noah he had school today. At 8.30 pm he signed "go to sleep". I was getting ready to put him to bed anyway but Tommy thinks he wanted to go to bed so he could hurry up and get to school. I really think so too. He signs "go" all morning while I'm getting him ready. The other day Noah led his class in circle time. He was the only one that matched the laminated pictures to the same pictures hanging on the wall. During his group speech therapy he sat at a table with other kids for a full hour. They were passing pictures around and the child either had to sign or say what the picture was. Noah was the last one to get the picture. His ST said the whole time he was waiting, he was signing "want, please". When it was his turn finally he signed "ball" (that was the object on the picture". All I could say was "wow" Noah sat for that long and didn't try to get up. His walking is 100 times better and he is following directions most of the time. I'm just so proud of him. When school starts officially in August he will be moved to a larger classroom. The classroom he's in now is just not fitting him developmentally. In other words he is running the show. Brag, brag, I know but I'm a proud ma ma...

7 comments:

drurylove said...

I am so proud of my little circle time leader. He probably was trying to go to bed so he could get to school earlier! I knew he would love it. My little leader. I still try to imagine him with his elmo bookbag, strutting his stuff. I can't wait to see you guys!!! I am so excited!!!! Love all of you! Then I can sing to Noah personally instead of the bear singing to him. haha. Go Noah!! We miss our chunk and nicko!!

drurylove said...

One more comment. You should brag!! I know how proud you are of Noah and you have every right to be!! I am just so glad that he is enjoying school so much. Uncle Michael says he loves you and can't wait to play spider baby with his not so little chunks! I am counting down the days to see my beautiful family who we have all missed so very much!! Sneak Noah an oreo cakester from me.. haha

Highland Falls Gangsta said...

This is Uncle Michael. Hi Chunk. I love you buddy. Just figured out how to make my own profile. I am very proud of you!

Jacqui said...

Brilliant - that is so encouraging!!!!!! Go Noah - you really are blossoming!

Kelly said...

Great work Noah! See, all that worrying for nothing! Brag on! Kelly F

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Im excited to see the progress Alex makes in school too! Great job Noah!

Cindy said...

Whoo hoo! Go Noah. I'm so glad he's having such great success...it's great to build his confidence for when he's in a more challenging classroom.