Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Update Since I've Been Blog Lazy.

I really haven't had much time to blog lately and my motivation to blog has been horrible. But I'm back. There has been so much going on in our lives I don't know where to start. We had a busy July and August. We attended the RTS conference in July and spent two weeks in NY with my parents at the beginning of August. Yes, I traveled alone with both kids. It was hectic but went better than I was expecting. Noah was a perfect traveler, looking out the window the whole time and playing his laptop. Mr Nick on the other hand wanted to rock the whole airplane. He was not too keen on sitting on mommy's lap the whole time. The whole plane knew how he felt I'm sure. When we got to NY both kids came down with a illness. Nick had a double ear infection, sinus infection and tonsillitis. Noah came down with bronchitis. Yeah two kids on antibiotics. But we had a nice time with family. The kids got to meet their new nephew Adyen and Nana got to practice her new found signing skill. Thanks Mom for taking the time to learn how to communicate with Noah, it meant the world to me! Hopefully the kids will get to meet their new niece Summer soon too. In other news...

Noah has been doing fantastic in school. He is going 5 days a week for four hours a day. He is developing leaps and bounds since he has started. He is using the potty at school and home. Yesterday was huge, Noah took me to the potty and pointed to it. I asked him if he had to go potty and he signed "yes". Low and behold he instantly peed on the potty. I was so excited. I know we have a long road of potty training ahead but this is a great start.Noah is also signing tons more and we have started him on a low tech communication device for now. We are hoping to move onto a
Ipad very soon. Brandi, I will be calling you soon for advice!!!

Yesterday Noah and Nick had their first experience at a adventure park. Noah rode a rollercoaster and go cart for the first time. He didn't know what to think of it. I'm not sure if he was liking it or not. He just had a blank look on his face. Nick rocked the place, just like he did on the plane. I spent most of the day chasing him. Nick is a firecracker!!! We had a great day..

Here are two recent pictures of the boys..

6 comments:

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, I really enjoyed having you and the boys. It was crazy the first week with both Noah and Nick sick but we all got through it! You are so right, Nick is a fire cracker for sure! I really enjoy learning sign language and it felt good to be able to communicate with my awesome grandson, Noah. It was even more satisfying when Noah would sign back with an answer to my questions. I am impressed with your signing, Noah! Love, Nana

Cindy Who? said...

Your boys are beautiful and your stories are uplifting. Best wishes to your family. You're an awesome mom.

Cindy said...

Can Noah come over to teach Natalie how to use the potty?

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

It is so great that Noah is using the potty! way to go Noah. I too have not been blogging much lately and im trying to get back to it :)
i'm glad your back =)

Toots said...

Congrats to Noah on his recent accomplishments! We're so proud of you! Summer can't wait to meet you and Nicko.

Kelly said...

Go Noah! Glad he is doing so well at school. Love the pics. Kelly F