Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Miss Him


I miss Noah. The school has extended Noah's day until 2.30 to prepare them for kindergarten. I miss him. I know it's the best thing for him right now and I know I should be doing things for myself but it doesn't make it any easier. Nicholas misses him too. He looks for him until he comes home. It is so hard for me to let go. I feel so empty when he isn't with us. I miss his laughter. I miss his hugs. I even miss his whining sounds. I hope the lump in my throat eases up soon. I hope this gets easier as time goes on. I know I will always miss him when he's away.

7 comments:

Toots said...

Awww...I know it must be so hard!!! I can't even imagine. Noah has an awesome mom, and I'm sure he thinks of you and Nicko while he's in school. You're always in his heart. We love you.

Toots said...

I forgot to write...I miss him too!!! He looks so cute and grown up. And I love the hair.

Nicky said...

Aaaahhh Kristi - who can blame you for missing Noah so very much...after all there's a whole lotta adorable preciousness going on with that little guy, making it so much tougher on you!!! Heaps o' Hugs

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, I understand how you feel about precious Mr. Noah. I know how hard it was to watch each one of you go to school. One of the most difficult thing a parent has to do is to let go. He is certainly spreading his wings and that will give you comfort and joy. Love you Cricket, Mom.

Sawyer said...

I can't even think about it. I know I will feel the same.

drurylove said...

Mom is right Kristi. The hardest thing to do is to let your children go. I know that both you and Nicko miss Noah while he is at school. At least you do know that he loves school so much. That feeling I know makes you happier than anything. I love you. I can't wait to see Little Noah strut his stuff at school. Can't wait to see you guys. Love you!

woolywoman said...

People always talk about how much they like the first day of school, but actually, I miss them so much! My kids are such cool people- I love to hang out with them.