Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Now That You Are Almost Four

Dear Noah,

I just got goosebumps when I wrote the title "you are almost four" I can't believe you have been on this earth and in my life for four years. Wow, what a difference you have made in the person I am today. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you. I will try to remind you of all the great things you have accomplished this past year. You are walking so beautifully that you are practically running. You worked so hard to get to this point and I know you are much happier with your independence. You are starting to use a communication device to make requests and the look on your face when I understand, makes my heart so happy. You know how to use a lot of signs to communicate to the people who understand you. You still love to swing, play in water, listen to music and mostly manipulate buttons. You are awesome on the computer. And you figured out how to microwave a binky yesterday. (you little stinker.)You love to play with your little brother. Your favorite game to play is taking turns opening and closing doors. The laughter from both of you makes me smile. I know you will always have a brother that adores you. You are both so lucky to have each other in this life. You are going to school five days a week now. You participate in class, follow directions and socialize with other kids. You are going to the potty sometimes at home and school. You are working hard with that challenge. You are beginning to find your place in the world. You are blossoming and spreading your wings. I am so excited to see what you have in store for us this year. Keep working hard Noah and know that Mommy and Daddy are here to help when you need us. Your strength continues to amaze me. I love you, Mom

5 comments:

marilynd65 said...

Mr. Noah, as always I am so very proud of you! You have come a long way! You and Nicholas have become very close friends. You are definitely a stinker microwaving your binky. I also heard you were trying to log on your mommy's computer. You were always curious how things operate. Have lots of fun on your field trip to the fire station. Love you always, Nana

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, It is National Daughter's Week. I know I tell you everyday how much I love and admire you. I especially want to express this to you during this week. " A daughter will hold your hand for a little while, but will hold your heart for a lifetime". Love you always, Mom

Bob said...

Noah has done so well! I wish I could see him on the computer, and I wish I could be there for his birthday!

Cindy said...

Noah is such a spark! What a list of major accomplishments and I'm sure there are many more...way to go Noah!

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

you are such a smart boy Noah! you are doing such amazing things!