Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Window With Two Sides

It's been a few years but I still remember
My eyes hazy and mouth held tight
Looking through the window that "appeared" to be perfect, with no streaks
All I could do is watch with a intense desire to release my feelings of fear and sadness
Month's went by and the window still stood strong in front of me
Still appearing "perfect" before my eyes
I grew to despise the window
I wanted to scream "let me in, I belong there too"
Then year's went by
The haze from my eyes faded and my mouth relaxed
The strength grew within me to confront the window
As the haze cleared from my eyes, I noticed the window had smudges and streaks
The window was full of imperfections I didn't notice before
The other side of the window was a lot like my side, with it's own moments of fear and sadness.
I gently reached for his hand and stepped through the window
Together, we have found joy,laughter, tears and sadness, on both sides of the window
We are all the same
We are all perfectly different

7 comments:

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

I shattered that window too! At first I didnt want to. I wanted to be on the other side or pretend I was. I love it here....with all of you:)

marilynd65 said...

Kristi, BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! I am so proud how well you can express your feelings when you write. You are so right, every family has their own issues, problems, and yes, imperfections. I really like Jessica"s response. I am so happy you have this wonderful family of friends who support each other.

Love, Mom

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

very very well written, i love it! thank you for writing this :)

drurylove said...

Did you write that Kristi? It was so beautiful. I know it took some time to shatter the window. I know it was hard for a while. I look at you now and smile. I know that you have grown so much and you will never know how proud I am of you being able to shatter that window. Living close to you, I saw all of the emotions that you went through and tried to comfort you as best as I could. I literally watched you transform in front of my eyes. I love you so much Kristi.

drurylove said...

I just read your post again. It was so beautifully written. It is very therapeutic to be able to write about your emotions. What you wrote was beyond amazing.

Kerri H said...

Beautiful written Kristi..you are amzazing and so is your family..we are really so very blessed with these children..I've changed so much these last 5 years w/Logan..major ups and downs..wouldn't trade them for the world! Hugs to you...hope all is going well! Miss you!

Kelly said...

Love this Kristi! This side of the window is easier with friends like you! Kelly F