Our Journey

We decided to create a blog so we could share with family and friends about "our journey". Our son Noah is 4 years old and he is the constant light in our world. He was born with a rare genetic disorder called Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome.. Life has not always been easy but Noah has taught us how to be courageous. We are so proud of his accomplishments the past four years. He is beautiful, funny, courageous and strong. We feel so blessed God has chosen us to raise Noah.. We also hope that new parents receiving an RTS diagnosis will find comfort in our words. Nicholas is the perfect addition to our family. God has once again blessed us with a amazing, beautiful little boy. We are so comforted knowing that Noah now has a little brother. Life is beautiful having these two angels in our world.

Monday, October 4, 2010

I Forgot To Tell You!!

Hey all you dedicated readers it's me Noah. My mommy forgot to tell you all something really cool about me. I know I can't believe she forgot either but she's really busy most of the time. I'm doing Special Olympics!!!! Yup,every Saturday morning the whole family heads to my school for a hour so I can do my work out. The first time I went I really didn't like it. I was confused because I thought I was going to my classroom for school. My teacher was even there so what did everyone expect me to do. I kind of got upset because my routine was all messed up. And anyone that knows me will tell you
I like my routine. I was determined to get into my classroom for the whole hour. I even rolled my eyes at the volunteer. Mommy caught me doing it! Uh OH! The second time I went was a little better. I was fussy for the first ten minutes but then I did my thing. Some of my friends from my class are there too. The only thing that gets on my nerves is my little bro. He runs around my school like its his school too. But,I have to admit he does help out a lot. I get really motivated to do stuff when my bro is around. Mommy and Daddy are going to make me a visual schedule so I can see when my routine is going to change. Cause remember I like my routine.
I hope anyone that loves me will support the Special Olympics when they can because it's really important for my confidence. That's what they tell me anyway. Well gotta go.. I have a big day at school tomorrow. Can you believe my Mommy is letting me go for 6 hours a day? I can't either. I know she misses me a lot though.

Bye guys, Noah.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That is so cool, Noah! I wish I could be in Special Olympics. Maybe one day I will be!

Your friend, Natalie.

drurylove said...

Go Noah Go. It takes some time to get in the swing of things of working out. Ask your mommy how much I hate working out? I am so proud of you Noah! Keep going, you can do it. Your mom tells me that all of the time. That is awesome and I am so proud of you Noah!!

marilynd65 said...

Noah, I am so proud of you participating in the Special Olympics! You certainly are busy with school every day and Special Olympics on Saturdays...no time to be bored! Love you, Nana

Toots said...

We are so proud of you, Noah! You are awesome!